The fields of study are: political and administrative sciences, education sciences, Romanian culture and civilization, journalism, technical studies, oil and gas, agricultural sciences, veterinary medicine, architecture, visual arts.
The scholarships are awarded for 3 study cycles:
- for the first cycle (licenta): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of high schools or of equivalent pre-university studies, as well as to candidates who require the continuation of their studies in Romania. The complete cycle of university studies lasts for 3 to 6 years, according to the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a final examination (licenta).
- for the 2nd cycle (master): This scheme is dedicated to graduates of university/post-graduate studies; it lasts for 1,5 to 2 years and ends with a dissertation.
- for the 3rd cycle (doctorate) this scheme is dedicated to the graduates of university/postgraduate studies (i.e. master); it lasts for 3-4 years, in keeping with the specific requirements of the chosen faculty, and ends with a doctor’s thesis. Admission to a PhD course is conditioned by an entrance examination.
- Foreign citizens coming from all the states of the world, except for EU member states. Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those belonging to the neighboring historic Romanian communities benefit from other scholarship programs.
- The applicant for the scholarship must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not request or did not obtain a form of protection in Romania, is not a stateless person whose residence on Romanian territory is officially recognized according to the law, is not a member of the diplomatic corps accredited to Bucharest or member of family of the diplomatic corps accredited in Romania, has not benefited from a scholarship from the Romanian state on the same course of study.
- The applicant for the scholarship must present study papers issued by accredited / recognized educational institutions, have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case.
- The applicant for the scholarship has not, until 31 December of the year in which he / she was nominated, more than 35 years of age – for bachelor and master studies and 45 years respectively – for doctoral studies or for postgraduate studies, including health field.