Recipients of a fellowship will have the opportunity to work with the GEM Report team’s specialists, one of the world’s leading teams in this field, to conduct research and analysis of education data with a primary focus on SDG 4, the global education goal. Each fellowship will last between six months to one year, depending on the work to be carried out, with one month spent in Paris.
The GEM Report team will provide:
- A stipend (up to US$25,000) for the duration of the fellowship (up to one year) and full travel costs for at least one month to be spent in Paris for each of the fellows;
- A mentor from the team of GEM Report researchers. The GEM Report staff will allocate 3-5 hours per week to mentor and guide the fellows when they are in residence in Paris, and 2 hours per week while they are based in their home country;
- A desk and computer during their stay at the GEM Report team office, in the UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
- Applications will be opened to all nationalities, however, the selection committee will look favorably at applications from individuals from low and middle-income countries;
- The GEM Report team will aim to host an average of three fellows per year in the team;
- Applicants are required to provide a CV, a project proposal (max. 2500 words) including the aim of the project, relevance the GEM Report, timeline and resources.